Monday, November 11, 2013

SURPRISE!!!!

Well it's not the surprise you were probably thinking...but boy was I shocked!

I work on a 55+ Senior Community and the residents here have fallen in love with me as much as I have fallen for them! They are so excited about this baby (and really hoping that it is a girl!...no secrets about that) They planned a baby shower for me and although it was to be a surprise...a few residents let the cat out of the bag and I found out about it.
When I walked into the clubhouse last Thursday I was OVERWHELMED at the number of people, the amount of food and presents and just the overall JOY that was in that room! I began making my way around the room saying hello to each lady and thanking them for coming. Little did I know that I was in for the SHOCK of my life.
As I continued around the room I came to one table in particular. Since I don't know everyone yet, I was just generically greeting most people saying thank you for coming, how nice of you, etc. When I turned around to hug this next lady she stood up to hug me. My eyes traveled from where they were looking (at her sitting) up to her face...and then I realized. IT WAS MY MOM!!!!!!!!

I do look terrified here...but I assure you, I was not! I was shocked and so thrilled that she was there! I would have never asked her to make it a point to be there...after all, she had JUST visited me 2 weeks prior and would be here in 3 weeks! The joy on the faces of the other ladies was apparent too! They had pulled one over on me and were thrilled about it! There wasn't a dry eye in the room!


I couldn't have felt more blessed than that...and they gave and gave and loved and loved on us! We serve an AMAZING God who makes sure that we receive the desires of our hearts...when we walk in his will!

So 2 weeks ago, on my mom's last day here we took a picture...and we took a picture of us today. What a difference 2 weeks makes!

 

So she'll be back in 3 weeks to greet her 9th grand baby! What a wonderful time! :) I love you Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment